first week

just came home from dinner with my my frens from at Ichiban Sushi, Jurong Point. The food was palatable, but certainly not worth it's cost though...

I dug a really deep hole in my pocket this week... bought four textbks for this semester at ard $180.. ouch. But i guess its definitely gonna be worth every cent. This sem will be more consistent and better.. haha cos there's no arts/business module for me! all sciences/engineering subjects to mug for! ;)

Talking about dificult engineering subjects with abstract concepts, I often share a different view point with some of my frens. They must think I am a maniac for enjoying subjects like thermodynamics, organic chemistry (not the simple o level organic chem haha)... Well, i guess its the amount of time i spend pondering about them... always trying ways to rationalise concepts from the start to lay foundation for more difficult things. In doing so, I start to develop passion in studying these 'unlikables', because I start to understand them and see their usefulness.

Wonder if this is the same with people... there are always people we label 'unlikeable'. Will i start to love them better if i spend more time understanding them?

No comments: